Mark your answers against the correct ones below then click the back button on your browser to add your score as a comment at the foot of the previous page.
EASY QUIZ ANSWERS
- The Flying Scotsman/Sir Nigel Gresley
- Doncaster Airport (aerodrome/parachute club)
- The St Leger
- Adwick high school (now called the Outwood Academy)
- The River Cheswold
- Prince Andrew visited in 2011
- He was the first Earl of Doncaster. (The current Earl is Richard Walter Montagu Douglas Scott)
- The Arndale (centre)
- The Battie-wrightsons
THE COMPLEX QUIZ
- York and London
- Woodland clearing where ‘bent grass’ grows. (bent grass was used for thatching the roofs of houses)
- AD 1230
- 1827, the site was previously a sand pit or sand quarry.
- 1806. (He was locked up by some friends, for a joke, and his brother the Prince of Wales, who was being entertained at the Mansion House, had to order his release)
- She jumped to her death from the 1st floor window. She was aged 29
- Herstmonceux Castle, East Sussex.
Right, now add up your scores out of 10 and return to the previous page to submit your score as a comment at the foot of the page. You can use the back arrow in your browser or you can click the link below.